In this programm we provide students with lots of data and ask them two questions:
- Can you find patterns/correlations/causality to help us become a better educational institution?
- Can you use the data to empower the students?
Project Number One: Can you find patterns/correlations/causality to help us become a better educational institution?
Students of the minor datascience have created dashboards that can:
- Measure the number of people in a building?
- Predict – based on machine learning – the number of people in the next hour/day/etc…
- Measure the infuences of temperature (outdoor and indoor), daylight and rain to refine predictions.
It is our ambition to – together with companies – create professional dashboard for facilities but even more for educational managers and designers. We will create dashboards that show how many hours students are spending on campus, what’s the trend and how this relates to study succes.
Project Number Two: Can you use the data to empower the students?
Students researched the question above. The results was an interesting report in which they listed opportunities & problems also in an international context. They also created a WIFI – based dashboard that showed that students lose interest pretty fast.